Licensing & Renewal
This section provides an overview of the renewal process. Each year a Renewal Guide is produced to provide members with renewal guidance.
CPE & Practice Hours Requirements
CPE and Practice Hours are required for annual renewal as outlined in the SSMLT regulatory bylaws.
Review⇒ CPE requirements
Review⇒ Practice Hours requirements
Upgrade to PracticingRequirements:
Non-practicing and Retired members are able to upgrade to a practicing licence under the following conditions:
- They have the required continuing education credits to maintain a practicing licence
- They have the required practice hours to maintain a practicing licence
Members can change member status at renewal time directly on the renewal form.
If a member requires an upgrade to practicing during the licence year members must go to member login and complete the “Upgrade to Practicing” form and submit the required fee to obtain the practicing licence.
Letter of Standing RequestRequirements:
Current or Former members of SSMLT may request a letter of standing be sent to another jurisdiction as follows:
- Login to member portal
- Review member file and ensure all information is current
- Enter any Continuing Professional Education or Practice Hours that are required
- Select Letter of Standing request button from member home page
- Complete request and make payment
SSMLT office will review member file and submit a 'Letter or Standing' to requested MLT regulatory body. Member will be cc'd on correspondence.
Contact SSMLT office by email at email@example.com for instructions.