Member Login | Contact Us |

Internationally Educated MLT

Internationally educated MLTs that are Canadian Society for Medical Laboratory Science (CSMLS) certified and working in another Canadian jurisdiction, refer to Canadian Certified MLT application.

Immigration to Canada and registration with the SSMLT are two separate processes. It is essential that you work on both the immigration and the registration processes.

Immigration Process

Important: The immigration process can take a long time. If you are approved to immigrate to Saskatchewan, you must still be accepted and qualified to work as a medical laboratory technologist. Conversely, you may be eligible to apply for a license as a medical laboratory technologist in Saskatchewan but may not be eligible to work or immigrate.

Work Requirements

To work in Saskatchewan, you must have one of the following:

  • Be a Canadian Citizen
  • Be a permanent resident of Canada
  • Have authorization to work in Canada under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations

Visit Government of Saskatchewan - Immigrating to Saskatchewan for more information.

powered by in1touch